Monday, November 24, 2008

Thing 18 - Web2.0 awards list

I just found my new favorite tool, Mango Languages. When you're married to an Italian and his family doesn't speak much English you kind of need to know how to speak Italian and write in Italian. In the past, I tried the self-paced study courses, beginning Italian class and, of course, listening to my husband and his Italian friends in conversation. I've picked up a lot over the years but, as I always tell people, I'm good with the Italian nouns but to compose a sentence takes a while. Not only do you need to know how to conjugate the verbs but you need to put the words in the right order in the sentence (you need to be really careful with adjectives because you can turn a compliment into an insult).

Mango teaches you how to say Italian words and phrases (and other languages) but better yet I can enter some text and it will translate it for me. WOW!!! Thank you notes and letters are going to be a lot easier now. And to think of the time it will save me when I'm trying to translate an Italian letter to English.

Mango è molto fantastico! (By the way, I did this one on my own.)

No comments: