Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thing #14 - Web 2.0, Library 2.0

I have been exposed to Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 off and on for a couple of years now so it's premise is not new to me. However, I'm more and more amazed at how this technology has taken off. I found an interesting article about the Library 2.0 theory, http://www.webology.ir/2006/v3n2/a25.html, which has a lot of great information and references. The idea that you can provide content for the web world to see is both scary and empowering. I am usually not one to provide my input but I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone else's input. Of course, you do have to read past what I would classify as coming from people who are socially ignorant or just like to get a reaction. I can't wait to see what happens as CML incorporates more and more of these social networking concepts.

No comments: